Menu

Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale Rested For Real Madrid’s Copa del Rey Match

REAL Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo has been refreshed by COACH Zinedine Zidane for Thursday night’s Copa del Rey quarterfinal first leg at Leganes, with Gareth Bale and Marcelo the other first-teamers pardoned from the short outing.

Ronaldo’s future at the Bernabeu stays indistinct with the player himself pushing for a move somewhere else as club president Florentino Perez has not yet acknowledged his request of another agreement that would supposedly expand his wages to around €50 million a year.

Zidane has clarified that he trusts Ronaldo stays where he is, while sources near the player have affirmed to ESPN FC that he needs to move in the late spring.

Last season the Portugal commander sat out the early Copa rounds, however was back in the group by this phase of the opposition – when Madrid were thumped out on away objectives by Celta Vigo.

The squad declaration affirmed that Bale and Marcelo were additionally excluded, while Karim Benzema (hamstring) and Sergio Ramos (calf) remain sidelined through damage.

With Zidane’s side now 19 focuses behind runaway pioneers Barcelona in La Liga, and confronting genuine feedback from the neighborhood press without precedent for a long time, Leganes mentor Asiero Garitano told his prematch news gathering that he was stressed his group could pay for Madrid’s present dissatisfaction.

“You [media] are stating Cristiano is doing seriously,” Garitano said. “That will make them irate against us. They are still Real Madrid. I am certain that in the Copa and Champions League they will demonstrate their best shape.”

Madrid won 4-2 at Butarque last April, with Alvaro Morata and James Rodriguez on the scoresheet after Zidane had rested nine first-teamers.

“We saw what happened a year ago,” Garitano said. “The best players, in quotes, did not come. Be that as it may, they moved over us. We will check whether we have moved forward.”

In any case, Morata and James have proceeded onward, with youths like Marco Asensio, Dani Ceballos and Borja Mayoral not having ventured up routinely so far this season.

The teams are set to meet again at Butarque in La Liga on Wednesday Feb 21, in an amusement modified because of Madrid’s support in last December’s Club World Cup.

Leganes president Victoria Pavon disclosed to Marca that notwithstanding her group never having been so far in the Copa in their 89-year history, she would take disposal if ensured three focuses from one month from now’s Liga diversion to help their offer for security.

“Our goal is survival in La Liga,” Pavon said “I wouldn’t be excessively stressed over being thumped out… I would nearly say I’d want to take the La Liga focuses and Madrid can win the glass tie. I am more a pragmatist than a visionary, somewhat frosty about these things. Ideally it will be a decent amusement, we have effectively left a mark on the world.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *