Barcelona have denied achieving a concurrence with Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann, negating reports which had showed up in the Catalan press on Saturday.
Diario Sport recommended Barca and Griezmann have officially conceded to individual terms over a mid year exchange, including that if either party broke the arrangement there would be a “money related punishment.”
Reports over the Spanish media had already asserted on Friday that Philippe Coutinho would not take the No. 7 shirt at Camp Nou in light of the fact that it was being saved for Griezmann.
The France universal’s discharge statement returns to €100 million toward the finish of the season and Barca are believed to will to pay it, in the event that they can’t go to a concurrence with Atletico first.
In any case, in the wake of being accounted for to FIFA by Atletico a month ago after remarks made by executive Guillermo Amor about Griezmann, Barca have responded furiously to the most recent episode of gossipy tidbits.
“Barcelona unequivocally deny the data which has showed up in various media outlets in late hours in reference to Atletico Madrid player Antoine Griemzmann and an assumed move to our club,” the Catalans said in an announcement.
“Barcelona express their unease at the reports and emphasize our regard towards the organization of Atletico Madrid.”
Antoine Griezmann has seven objectives and five helps for Atletico Madrid this season. Getty
Love was gotten some information about Barca’s want to sign Griezmann after a Mundo Deportivo report that president Josep Maria Bartomeu had held a gathering with the forward’s family.
“On the off chance that that is the thing that [Mundo Deportivo] stated, it’s conceivable,” Amor told Movistar+. “Possibly there’s been a gathering and things have progressed, in spite of the fact that I don’t have the foggiest idea. There’s a decent seeing, possibly there have been discussions.
“Gossipy tidbits are unavoidable in football. On account of Griezmann, there are a ton of players we could be conversing with, starting some sort of association with if there’s an open door.
“We’re obliged to have contact with players. It’s something which is finished.”
After Atletico made an objection to FIFA because of Barcelona’s “rehashed contact with Griezmann and his kin,” a source at the Catalan club disclosed to ESPN FC “there have been no transactions with Griezmann and, along these lines, no anomalies have been conferred.”
Griezmann, 26, Signed another agreement with Atletico last June, turning down a move to Manchester United after the La Liga side’s allure against an exchange boycott was rejected.
Be that as it may, Atletico mentor Diego Simeone has since said he would not remain in Griezmann’s direction on the off chance that he chose to leave the Wanda Metropolitano for pastures new.
Furthermore, in spite of softening their exchange record twice up the most recent a half year with the signings of Ousmane Dembele and Coutinho for a consolidated €300m, Barca are still idea to be enthusiastic about marking Griezmann in the mid year.