Arsene Wenger Says Arsenal’s Interest In Monaco Star Lemar is ‘Dead’
The Gunners had an offer quickly dismissed by the Ligue 1 champions in June and the Frenchman has now uncovered that transactions are finished
Arsene Wenger has affirmed Arsenal’s quest for very appraised Monaco star Thomas Lemar is “dead”.
The Gunners had been quick to arrive the 21-year-old, who assumed a key part in helping Monaco assert the Ligue 1 title last season and additionally achieve the Champions League semi-finals.
Objective announced in June that Arsenal propelled a €35m (£30.7m) offer for Lemar yet the offer was quickly dismissed by Monaco.
What’s more, now Wenger has uncovered that transactions between the two clubs are finished.
“It’s dead since Monaco I think has shut the entryway unquestionably,” said the Frenchman.
“They’re still on cases like Kylian Mbappe and Fabinho. They have effectively lost Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Tiemoue Bakayoko.
“Monaco is at a phase where they’ve shut the entryway. We have the numbers and quality to manage that.”
In spite of passing up a great opportunity for Lemar, Wenger demands he is “extremely cheerful” with Arsenal’s squad as they hope to recover a place in the Champions League.
The north Londoners have marked both Sead Kolasinac and Alexandre Lacazette so far this late spring and Wenger says the club right now have “too much” players on the books.
Wenger included: “I’m exceptionally content with the quality of our squad. I’ve said ordinarily before we have an excessive number of players in our squad.
“Some of them will have no way to seek places since we have too much. Then again, one of the estimations of this club is to offer opportunities to youthful players.”
See This: Wait Until it is Summer for Willain – Antonio Conte discloses to Manchester United
Arsenal go up against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday as they expect to overcome their 1-0 LOSS against Stoke City a weekend ago.